Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Shout outs and liveblogging

Well, my hockey-watching friends are all pre-occupied tonight, which means I will be doing two things
1: First trial run of the Habs Drinking Game
2: First trial run at liveblogging a game.

This could be amazing, or a disaster - odds are it'll be hilarious either way.

I don't like doing blog shoutouts too often because I'm of the belief that most habs fans tend to already read the same blogs I do, but that's not always the case.

I found a blog about someone who began following the Canadiens recently after being a Sabres fan and fell in love with the team; I can relate somewhat as I have a very soft spot in my heart for Columbus and to a much lesser extent Phoenix. That said, he was disenfranchised with our sometimes goon-like behaviour in our first two games, and I found this to be a perspective I hadn't seen before. I also thought it was outright wrong at the time and commented as such, but I can see how someone used to the finesse history of the team and started watching us when we had almost no physical presence may not appreciate the turnaround. It's a perspective I'd legitimately never seen before, and think it deserves attention from all five of my readers.
http://hockeyindependent.com/blog/?p=3572
Its refreshing to see our fanbase make criticisms that have some legitimacy instead of "Gomez doesn't speak French" "Price cant make a glove save" and "Carbo should be fired". I still see that last one, incidentally.


The other post is off of LionsInWinter and I think is perfect in addressing the panic mode some people are in and the issues facing the habs today. I won't steal his thunder and he doesn't need justification for me linking him, so check it out
http://www.lionsinwinter.ca/2009/10/habs-rough-start-was-expected.html

No comments:

Post a Comment